Wrinkles Around the Mouth
Wrinkles around the mouth, or smile lines are indication that the skin loses its elasticity. Skin becomes thinner and drier with age. Less natural oil is produced which makes the skin much drier. These processes lead to wrinkles around the mouth. Other factors may add to the aging process. Exposure to ultraviolet light is the most common one as UV light damages elastin fibers and collagen in the skin. Smoking is known to cause wrinkles around the mouth affecting the blood flow to the skin. Smiling and other facial expressions also contribute to the development of wrinkles. Every expression you make adds to the loss of skin elasticity. However, frowning produces worse effects than smiling.
Here is a list of tips to manage wrinkles around the mouth:
- Application of coconut oil to the wrinkled area is helpful for eliminating wrinkles around the mouth.
- Make a mask for which you will need honey (1 tsp), lemon juice (1 tsp), and yogurt (2 tsp). To improve the mixture, add several capsules of vitamin to it. Apply the mix to the affected area with a cotton ball. Rinse after 15 minutes.
- Lemon juice application around the mouth reduces fine lines.
- Before you go to bed, use face cream massaging the affected zones upwards.
- Rub castor oil around the mouth corners to prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
How to Reduce Wrinkles
Prolonged exposure to sunlight is the common cause of premature wrinkles. To avoid this problem, you should understand the benefits of using sunscreen. These skin care products delay aging symptoms. Next time you decide to go out, make sure you used a sunscreen.
The skin is also exposed to dry climate, air pollution, dirt, dust, etc. Use special cover against these substances to prevent premature wrinkles.
Follow a healthy diet. External products won’t work, if you have poor eating habits. It is better to choose a diet plan with high content of vegetables and fruits that are full of antioxidants. Include omega 3 fish oil into your diet program to have glowing and healthy skin.
Keep your skin well hydrated. The easiest method not to let the skin become dry is to consume much water (8-9 glasses a day). Besides, you should apply products which work to moist your skin, in particular during the winter months.
In fact you cannot totally prevent wrinkles around the mouth, because it is impossible to stop the aging process. But, you may prevent premature wrinkles, by following a healthy diet and exercising regularly. If wrinkles around the mouth already bother you, use the tips mentioned above to manage the condition and look younger.