Resolving Stress – Inner Calm Techniques for Parents
Being a parent is the most rewarding thing that a person can undertake, but it can also be the most stressful as well. Parents sometimes have to get creative in order to reduce their level of stress. After all, any parent will tell you that it is almost impossible to get more than a couple of minutes alone at any given time. Therefore, parents need to access their own quick energy sources that will allow them to remove stress.
1. Visit Your Own Fun Zone – Most parents spend their entire day focused on providing their children with a fun day, and this often results in a high-level of stress for the parent. Our bodies are naturally designed to enjoy life, however, and when we tap into a fun moment, we can release a hidden reserve of energy. Take five minutes each day to do something that’s truly fun for you. This can even include your children as long as you focus all of your attention on enjoying the moment as opposed to thinking about the cleanup that will come after.
2. Encourage Your Personal Passion – Each person has something that they are truly passionate about. Whenever you indulge this passion, your body will feel a burst of energy. If you enjoy scrap booking, for example, ask your spouse or partner to provide you with at least 60 minutes a week to indulge in this activity. You will feel the positive energy impact of this hour throughout the rest of the week.
3. Take a Walk With Your Kids – Although taking a walk often seems like the last thing you would want to do, the physical activity will actually allow your body to tap into a hidden reserve of energy. As an added bonus, your children will also benefit from this healthy activity, and remember that exercise will provide you with an immediate boost of energy, but it will also enable all of you to sleep better at night.
4. Meridian Energy Fields – Tapping into the body’s meridian energy fields to remove stress is a favorite technique of Chinese doctors. In fact, the method has been utilized in China for over 5,000 years. By simply accessing each of your body’s major meridian points, you can tap your way to a less stressful day in less than five minutes. Easily followed techniques for this method of tapping are known now as EFT, and can be found online.
5. Positive Affirmations – Positive affirmations are a great way to change your outlook and reduce your stress level, and you will also experience a boost of energy each time one of your affirmations comes to fruition. Positive affirmations are the easiest way to impact your stress level because you can say them in less than five minutes just once a day.
Resolving stress can be difficult for anyone, but it is imperative for parents to reach into one of their hidden energy sources at least once a day. Not only will this allow you to slow down the hectic nature of your day for a couple of minutes but it will also enable you to take a calmer approach with your children for the rest of the day.