Acne – the Most Common Skin Disease
Acne is one of the most common skin diseases and is supported by the ancient Greek word “AKME” (lace, flower) from which the word acne was derived. The disease is not chronic or fatal; but it will affect psychologically and is very unpleasant.
It is a disease of the sebaceous glands. Almost all young people (boys, more often than girls) and young adults, in varying degrees, are affected. It can take years to acne disappear by itself.
The success of the treatment, however, differs from person to person. Most acne is of daily occurrence and is regular feature. Therefore, it is good if you understand something about acne and how it affects.
How and where does acne occur?
Acne is caused by the coincidence of several factors:
- Sebaceous glands respond to male hormones in the body, which are prevalent in both men and women. The hormones stimulate the sebaceous glands which induces production of sebum. For some women, the acne becomes worse in women on the eve of their menstrual period.
- The increased output of sebaceous gland induces accumulation of horn cells when acne is prevalent. Through these disorders in the sebaceous glands, blackheads are formed. Disorders and tallow form the basis for the formation of acne.
- Increased output of sebaceous gland produces certain fatty acids. This leads to inflammation, visible outwardly as pustules and painful red nodules.
- Acne can be inherited. If both parents had acne, the children are often affected.
Acne is a disease of the sebaceous glands. Face, chest and back have a particularly large concentration of sebaceous glands and are, therefore, often affected by acne. People who have low-fat skin, dry skin, are certainly immune to acne.
Most important, the skin should not be pressed in any case. This will worsen the inflammation. Pustules never express themselves.
Wash skin twice daily with a lotion of acne-suitable, slightly disinfectant soap or detergent. Then, in order to regenerate the skin, an antiseptic cream meant for dry skin is applied. (For those who suffer skin problem with the over-production of sebaceous glands, no greasy creams should be used)
If you are suffering from Acne, there are special cosmetic products that are suitable for Acne which you can use.
In the evenings or whenever you want, you may apply camomile (or chamomile) compress for soothing the skin or use earth-mask for healing.
To combat acne, there are a few methods:
- Peelings with peel substances have a preventive effect. You determine the course of the implementation of free sebaceous glands and therefore ensure the unimpeded flow of tallow.
- With hormone preparations by various androgens (male hormones), it is possible that overproduction of sebum in girls and women will slow down.
- Vitamin A acid: A peeling effect is determined by the external application of vitamin A acid. It works on the top layers of the skin and solves the Horn skin, but also penetrates deep into the sebaceous glands’ execution gear. The blackheads will be relaxed and are naturally expelled. In addition, it prevents the emergence of new blackheads.
- Antibiotics: They fight against the bacteria involved in the emergence of Acne from the inside, and act against inflammation.