4 Salad Recipes To Help You Lose Weight Effectively
In fact, salads are very nutritious; however people are not excited by them. What is worse is that though vegetables and leafy greens are beneficial for your health, they leave you hungry in a short time.
Try these 4 hearty salads that can keep you satisfied till the next meal:
1. Lemony Seafood Salad combines colorful veggies with fresh lemon juice and crab meat (low-calorie imitation) for a light meal.
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- imitation crab meat – 1 package
- 3 cups of red cabbage leaves sliced
- 3 cups of green cabbage leaves thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- sugar 2 tsp
- white wine vinegar 2 tsp
- hot pepper sauce 2 tsp
- fat-free mayonnaise – 1 cup
First of all, blend the lemon juice, mayonnaise, vinegar, pepper sauce and sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix the crab meat, cabbage and peppers in a larger bowl. Combine with the dressing mix and keep the salad cold.
2. Couscous Beef Filet Salad
The recipe includes hearty filet with classic flavors from Greek cuisine.
- 1 cooked beef filet
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- whole grain couscous – 1 cup
- 1 cucumber
- 6 halved basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp
- toasted pine nuts (1/2 cup)
- feta cheese crumbles (1/4 cup)
Cook the beef filet to your taste. Season with black pepper and salt.
Mix the cooked tomatoes, basil leaves, cucumber and couscous in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and serve with the filet on top. To finish the meal sprinkle the salad with toasted pine nuts.
3. Chicken Cranberry Walnut Salad
Roasted chicken breast in combination with cranberries and walnuts give a heart-healthy taste.
- 1 boneless chicken breast, roasted and sliced
- baby spinach leaves – 3 cups
- dried cranberries 1/4 cup
- chopped walnuts 1/4 cup
- bleu cheese 1/4 cup
- raspberry vinaigrette
First, roast the chicken breast and cut it into strips.
Place baby spinach leaves on the plate. Then sprinkle with bleu cheese, cranberries and walnuts. Put the chicken on top. To complete the meal you may drizzle the salad with fat free raspberry vinaigrette.
4. Sweet Potato Canadian Bacon Salad
- spinach leaves 1 bag
- green beans 8 oz sliced in strips 1/4 pound
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- wedged red onion
- honey-Dijon dressing 1/3 cup
- olive oil, extra virgin – 2 tsp
Arrange baby spinach leaves on the serving plate.
Boil a cup of water adding a pinch of salt. Put green beans and sweet potato strips. Boil for up to 6 minutes till the potatoes are tender enough.
After draining water, you should add some olive oil. Add red onion wedges and Canadian bacon strips. Sautee for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
Change heat to low and then add the honey-Dijon dressing. Mix till it’s well-blended, and then spoon the mixture over the leaves of spinach.
Enjoy your meal!