Allergy is an unpredictable condition. Most of them are detected in the early childhood, but they might as well stay undetected. According to the statistics, allergies affect thirty percent of adults of the world, as well as approximately forty percent of children. The higher affection rate among children is usually explained by the weakness of the immune system. Thus, with time, allergies may disappear. However, what can you personally do for that?
- Boost your immune system. Eat more vitamins, drink fresh juices and smoothies. However, be careful if you have a food allergy.
- Work out regularly. Regular sports improve your health and make your body fight the allergens.
- In spring and summer, the periods of activation of allergies, take anti-allergy medicines. However, try and treat your allergy only with homoeopathic medications and avoid antibiotics.
- Try to avoid exposing to allergens during their activity periods. It is ok to go to work by taxi during the allergen activation; it will provide you with the necessary precaution against outdoor allergies and will save you from the contact.
- You may never be careful enough when dealing with allergies, especially if their source is unknown. This way, you should always carry an adrenaline medication, just to be on the safe side. The anaphylactic shock is a very dangerous phenomenon, which is caused by the direct exposal to the allergen and can be manifested in asphyxia. The only effective medication at anaphylactic shock is adrenaline.
There can be thousands of types of allergies. However, the classification is rather simple. To know what allergy you have, first, you should consider the allergy type. There are the following types of allergens:
- Indoor allergens. These may include different materials and substances that can be found in your home. The most widespread here is a dust allergy that is rather difficult to detect.
- Outdoor allergens. They may include different outdoor factors, as trees or flower pollen, certain types of glasses and herbs.
- Skin allergens. The most widespread type of allergies among children, especially the children of up to four years old. This allergy type is characterized by the appearance of red to violet spots on the skin and is most common among white children.
- Food allergens. The most common food allergies are the allergies to peanuts, milk and shellfish. These types of allergies are very dangerous as they may combine different types of foods. About 30% of allergic people have allergies to several foods.
- Latex allergens. One of the most widespread types of allergies that deserves a special place in the allergy types. About one percent of people in the world have a latex allergy that can be very dangerous.
- Insect allergens. Among the insects with the highest allergy rates, there are cockroaches and dust mites. It was established that five percent of the population have this type of allergy.
Thus, you can see that the allergy phenomenon, especially the seasonal allergy, can be very dangerous, but it is possible to try and prevent it if you follow the simple steps mentioned in our article.