Healthy spine is the foundation of our body as it supports all the organs in its natural position ensuring their proper operation. When you release from pain in your back, you immediately feel burst of energy, mental clarity and faithful memory. We have selected the best exercises of Paul Bragg for you to practice this easy combination at home – just 15 minutes per day devoted to an excellent general physical and mental state.Please, follow these rules not to harm yourself:
- During the first week, perform the exercises slowly with little effort.
- Begin with 2 or 3 repeats of each exercise increasing them to 10 bit by bit.
- Start from low amplitude at the beginning of the training.
- If you feel discomfort or fatigue, stop doing the exercises.
- Relax between each exercise.
- Perform these exercises in the presented order.
Cat StretchingThe task of cat stretching is to remove headache, eye strain, indigestion and to strengthen the muscles of cervical spine. Correct performance of this exercise will make you feel prominent relief because as back relaxes.
- Lie down on the floor, legs shoulder-width apart. Raise your hips and arch your back like a cat. Lean only on toes and palms. Try to fully lock knees and elbows.
- Then put your hips down and raise head. Put your hips as low as you can, then slowly raise it as high as possible.
TwistsThe goal of the twists is to mend liver, kidney, urinary bladder and gallbladder. Generally, this exercise helps spinal bones to roll back in proper position and to strengthen muscles of thoracic spine.
- Lie down on the floor, raise your hips and hollow out the back. Try to stay on feet and palms.
- Twist your hips to the left and lower the hip to the maximum. Repeat the exercises with another side.
Crab PositionThis exercise defuses tension in back muscles, relaxes backbone, and induces the activity of nerve centers. Also it brings relief in hips and strengthens muscles of thoracic spine. When you feel comfortable, perform this exercise more actively.
- Sit on the floor, base yourself upon the arms, bend your legs.
- Raise the hips and the whole body to make the spine horizontal and come down.
Back stretchingWhen you do back stretching, you help your stomach to work better, to release your spine from pinched nerves and to bring recovery to the whole body.
- Lie down on the back. Bend your knees and grab them. Kick off and waggle in this position.
- Simultaneously, raise your head and try to touch your knees with your chin. Hold this position for 5 seconds.
Walking on FoursThis exercise perfectly stretches, strengthens and trains buttock cords. Also it supports large intestine, hips, legs and back.
- Lie down with your face down. Raise your hips as high as possible and arch your back.
- Stay on flat feet and palms, put your head down. Walk in this position for 5-7 minutes.
Plank holdPlank hold is a static exercise that engages all the muscles of the body. If you regularly perform it, you will improve your posture and strengthen the spine. It is a great preventive measure against osteoporosis and other backbone issues.
- Lie down on the floor. Raise your body so that your palms are situated right under the shoulders, stay on the toes. Your body from heels to the top of the head must represent a straight line. The chin is perpendicular to the spine.
- Hold the position for 5 seconds at the beginning. Later you will be able to increase this time.