Millions of people all around the world suffer from insomnia. Insomnia is a serious sleep disorder that stems from sleeplessness. Initially sleeplessness is for few days and when it moves beyond and covers week and months, it requires medical attention.Millions of people all around the world suffer from insomnia. Insomnia is a serious sleep disorder that stems from sleeplessness. Initially sleeplessness is for few days and when it moves beyond and covers week and months, it requires medical attention. For a patient suffering from insomnia would be unable to sleep night after night or wakes up in the middle of the night and then being unable to go back to sleep. If these symptoms last for some time, you might end up calling yourself as an insomniac. In no time people will suffer from associated problems such as headache, dizziness, lack of concentration and many more. Apart from other causes and consequences, stress is a very important factor that is closely linked with insomnia. Troubled and anxious mind does not let many have a healthy sleep and in some cases it leads to no sleep. Not only is stress a cause of insomnia but it can be fallout too. If depression is a cause of insomnia, the result is a stressed out life for that period. We find that stress needs to be coped with well, to fight varied aspects of insomnia.
- There exist several stress management exercises that helps one to unwind and takes life in positive direction. Simple exercises such as walking, yoga or swimming as a part of daily living, if incorporated, is of great benefit to fight stress out.
- Simple breathing techniques or meditation helps cleanse the mind within. It is of great help in reducing the level of hormone secretion that stems from anxiety. All you need to do is find out a quiet place at home or even workplace and practice deep breathing for few minutes. Slowly it gets into your habit and you can feel the change in no time. You will gain from reduced level of anxiety and will also help you calm down more and be poised to tackle situation.
- Another factor that can aid in overcoming sleeplessness is to create the right ambience for sleeping. Taking a warm shower just before going to sleep is often very relaxing. The room should not have too much light nor should it have some glaring music. Instead soft music with aromatic fragrance can help sleeping better.
- In a condition when people suffer from insomnia, lifestyle changes is important especially the diet. One should not consume too much of caffeinated drinks and one should also take in supper early in the night and it should not be a heavy one.
- Last but not the least it is important to understand yourself through questioning on the stressful experiences. One must always b clear to one’s conscience. One should always reason out to know the exact cause of the sleeplessness. The trigger points of anxiety should not be unknown to the individual. Instead, efforts need to be made to erase the negative thoughts and actions that the unbridled mind would like to indulge in during bad times.
As more and more people living a crazy and hectic life, insomnia is becoming far too serious and annoying. It is imperative that one should take proper steps before it goes out of hand and one needs to take recourse to prescription drugs to get some sleep.