Don’t have enough time to go to a beauty salon? Often, girls who regularly care for their hair, the still have the question: why my hair is healthy and strong, but quite dull and not very sleek? If you want to have beautiful, voluminous and healthy hair, then the most simple and effective means of protection and care are HAIR MASKS.
They protect hair from aggressive external environment, make them more shiny and silky, they restore, hydrate, nourish and moisturize. Hair masks can give your hair lustrous and bouncy look. The use of a hair mask depends on the condition of the hair itself – if it’s seriously damaged and dull, use masks 2-3 times a week, for preventive purposes once a month is enough. It’s good to know that the most common reason for the dullness of the hair is dehydration, which is a lack of moisture. This is what makes our hair dry and brittle. Such factors as sun, hot air, strong wind, etc. negatively affect and dehydrate the hair.
For the best result, experts usually recommend us to periodically change the hair mask, so we will tell you about all the variety of care products. All necessary ingredients for these hair masks you will surely find at your kitchen, the main thing is to use the freshest products and follow the instructions, they are effective enough and do not cause allergies.
Best Ingredients for Hair Masks
Here is a quick reference for your information about the most popular ingredients of hair masks, to use them in a conscious way and then you can easily create your own recipes depending on your hair current needs:
- Oil (but olive oil in particular) hydrates, rejuvenates and conditions hair, especially ‘tired’ and damaged
- Raw coconut oil is a great conditioner, gives hair bouncy and lustrous look
- Raw honey has awesome moisturizing qualities, especially for dull and damaged hair, one of the main ingredients for DIY masks for dry hair
- Avocado is known as one the most effective beauty product; it’s full of anti-oxidants and healthy nutrients. Moreover, its creamy structure gives a perfect base for hair musk that is super easy to apply.
- Ripe bananas are rich in vitamins A, E and C, potassium and natural oils that help straighten follicles
- Chamomile prevents dandruff and enriches the hair radiance
Be Aware of Possible Allergy
But be careful with possible allergy causing ingredients. If you have a predisposition to any allergic reaction (bronchial asthma, eczema, dermatitis, food intolerance), you first need to apply the components of the mask to your wrist and wait 30 minutes. If during this time the skin does not turn red, not become blistered and not scratch, there is no allergy. But if you feel itching, severe burning, redness and swelling, it means that you are allergic to these components, and you should not apply such a mask. Honey, which is a popular ingredient of hair masks, is a powerful allergen.
Mask for smoothness with stimulating ingredients (onion, pepper, alcohol) should be used only if the scalp is not damaged. Getting into the scratches, aggressive substances cause pain and discomfort. They contribute to the deepening of the scratches and can damage the deeper layers of the epidermis.
In many cases blends for the hair gloss and smoothness are applied warmed up to a temperature of 37-38 degrees (maximum). You can check the temperature by putting your finger in the container with the mixture. The mixture should be warm enough, but not hot. As the scalp is very sensitive, you can get a burn by applying very hot ingredients on it.
To get silky and voluminous locks at home, use masks regularly, at least once a week. When the condition of the hair will improve for better, repeat the treatment procedures every 2-3 weeks to keep your hair healthy and nourished.
Hair Routine Rules
Apart from hair masks follow these simple principles in your hair routine:
- Wash your head only with cool, not too hot water;
- Use a shampoo that does not dry the scalp;
- Do not use the hairdryer too often, great option to dry hair in a natural way is to use a soft cotton T-shirt
- Do not use a hair iron and other heat treatment tools on a regular basis.
- If these rules are followed, home-made masks will give a long-term result.
Vitamins and Honey
Health and beauty of your hair start from their roots. The intake of all nutrients that affect the hair look comes from the follicle, the hair bulb. Absorption of substances through the skin is much more effective than applying them to the skin of the hair. Therefore, the mask for the hair smoothness with vitamins shall be rubbed into the scalp. Vitamins in ampoules are sold in each pharmacy. The most useful vitamins for hair treatment are: D, C, A, B1, B6, B12, and preheated vegetable oil is the best as a basis. Honey is a great source vitamins and nutrients.
As a conclusion – for the best result try to use sulfate-free and organic shampoos and conditioners, bear in mind quality of your diet and drink enough water. This is one of the fundamental requirements of your hair flawless beauty and excellent health.