Vitamins and minerals are needed in our body continuously. Without them we will not be able to function properly. They help to keep immune system strong and the whole body toned as well as to support the function of the brain.
Vitamins and minerals are needed in our body continuously. Without them we will not be able to function properly. They help to keep immune system strong and the whole body toned as well as to support the function of the brain.Our organism is capable of storing some vitamins, however, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals that should be obtained regularly form the outside. There are a lot of different vitamin and mineral supplements but will you actually have any benefit from them? Perhaps, you do not need them if your diet is healthy and balanced and you:
- Have got a perfect health.
- You do not have to follow any restrictions concerning foods.
- You sleep enough to feel good and rested.
- You work out on a regular basis.
- You are not a professional sportsman and do not have to perform strength building exercises.
- Your work does not involve any kind of physical stress as well as mental or emotional ones.
- You are not on medications.
- You are not in the states of pregnancy or nursing.
- Alcohol is not your daily usual habit, nor is it smoking.
- People suffering from osteoporosis should have to consume additional calcium and vitamin D in more amounts than a person who does not have this problem.
- Mind that Vitamins B and C refer to water soluble group and the excess will leave the organism with the urine.
- What concerns vitamins A, D and E, they are fat soluble and are capable of being stored in the body. Therefore, it is not recommended to have too much of the latter as their excessive consumption can have good as well as bad consequences.
- It is recommended in general not to try and treat yourself according to some of your assumptions but to consult the doctor first before taking any of the supplements.
- As there are a lot of drugs that deprive the body of the nutrients and make the process of their usage by the body ineffective, therefore you should check with your doctor on the account of any medications you take.
It is essential to take vitamin and mineral supplements which have not expired yet. As they are prone to deterioration if used for a prolonged period of time, read the labels carefully and do not use any medications, if their shelf-life has expired. Make sure, also that you adhere to all the required storage conditions.