Everyone will benefit from regular exercise or physical activity. By doing regular exercises you make yourself healthier and prevent the development of the following illnesses: heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, and a lot of other diseases, let alone that it helps you to keep fit and control your weight.
However, in spite of the fact that a lot of people know about the benefits of physical exercises, not really a big percentage of Americans spend their time training. Only 30% of Americans prefer sports or any other kind of leisure time physical activity, while about 40% of them are not involved in anything like this at all.
There have been carried out a lot of researches both long- and short term which all showed one result: sedentary lifestyle is fraught with overweight problems and higher risk of chronic illnesses development. More than 9 million cases of cardiovascular disease in 2001 were associated with sedentary lifestyle. Moreover, active people spend quite less on medical services in comparison to inactive people. All in all, making people more active can cut the annual costs up to $70 billion in America.
In general, regular physical activity is beneficial in the following ways:
• Makes you healthier and increases your chances for a longer life.
• Prevents from developing heart disease or its precursors, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
• Also is a good protection from developing certain cancers, including colon and breast cancer.
• Type 2 diabetes and its complications are also prevented by regular exercises.
• Osteoporosis is also prevented as well as the risk of falling.
• Depression and anxiety is relieved and the mood improves when you work out.
• Last but not the least – you control your weight.
Moreover, any kind of physical activity is beneficial in the way that it improves cognitive function, and reduced risk of stroke.
Tips for Getting Exercise into your Life:
• Get off a stop or two earlier during your bus or subway commute; walk the rest of the way. Walk more frequently, get off a little earlier than your stop and have a walk.
• Park you car the further from the store the better, it is a trifling exercise, but if you do not work out on a regular basis, it will be at least something.
• Forget about the elevator and use the stairs instead.
• Buy some cardiovascular equipment for your personal use. It can be a treadmill, or a bike, or an elliptical machine. You need to make your heart stronger.
• Do some exercises together with your daily accomplishments.
• Try something new. Make it fun. Enjoy your exercises. If you are tired of jogging, go swim, or play tennis or rollerblading is also an option.
• If you find it hard to exercise alone, take a friend, or even a couple of friends – it will be even more fun.
• Write down about your activities. This will make you more disciplined and accountable.
• During your lunchtime take a walk, especially if you are not very active at work.
• Make it a habit. Set a time for you workout and stick to it.
• Short-time goals are very effective as they allow you to see the results and make other goals. If it is hard to focus on exercise as it is, focus on some particular target. For example, you need to get into a good shape before the party in several weeks. This will be a very good stimulation.