Obesity is extremely excessive accumulation of fat in the body. There are a lot of factors that lead to it but uncontrolled calorie intake and lack of exercise are the most frequent. Obesity limits activity and can lead to various disorders. It can also be predisposed genetically or evoked by the illness. Obesity is cured; however, it requires quite a lot of patience and effort, strict workouts and diet plan, which are not always possible to adhere to. Therefore there are so many anti-obesity pills and drugs on the market which are intended to alleviate the process. At last, if all other methods does not work there is bariatric, or obesity surgery.
In the U.S. hectic lifestyle and omnipresence of fast food is the first and the primary reasons of obesity. People have no time to control their food intake and prepare healthy food, let alone various junk food stores are on every corner. In the hustle and bustle of the city they offer convenient and fast snacks. But such a lifestyle is fraught with consequences. There are so many overweight children nowadays and this is a serious health problem. Obesity is a complex disorder and if not attended in time it can lead to various complications. It is very important to do something about it.
- Calorie intake is the first reason. As well as lack of activity. The person has normal weight when he or she burns more calories than were taken. Otherwise they are stored and become fat. It this continues for a prolonged period of time, the body tends to gain quite a lot of weight.
- Tendency to overweight can be genetic. But, again, it can become obesity when a person does noting to keep weight balanced. Absence of diet and little exercise can only aggravate the genetic susceptibility. This can be clearly seen in non-American kids adopted by American parents.
- Modern lifestyle and the state of our environment should not be underestimated as well. We are so in a hurry all the time that the only option left is fast food. It is tasty, it is ready and it is cheap. No need to stay near the cooker the whole evening (there isn’t just any time), no need to try hard.
- The kids are prone to copy their parents. They are engrossed in TV series and computer games and do not consider apples tasty any more. Another thins is crisps, French fries and hamburgers. They eat junk food and do not exercise. And that’s what we have now – many overweight kids.
- Stress and depression can also lead to overeating, which leads to obesity in its way. And this is a vicious circle. The more you are depressed the more you eat. The more you eat the more you gain and the more depressed you become.
Obesity is a serious condition and should be treated. It is not only unpleasant but dangerous. It can lead to certain complications: shortness of breath, fatigue, circulatory and respiratory disorders, also increased risk of atherosclerosis, hypertension, osteoarthritis and varicose veins. Not to mention emotional problems. It is hard to treat it and require effort, but it is worth it when you feel different both physically and emotionally.