Wrinkles around the mouth, or smile lines are indication that the skin loses its elasticity. Skin becomes thinner and drier with age. Less natural oil is produced which makes the skin much drier. These processes lead to wrinkles around the mouth. Other factors may add to the aging process. Exposure to ultraviolet light is the most common one as UV light damages elastin fibers and collagen in the skin. Smoking is known to cause wrinkles around the mouth affecting the blood flow to the skin. Smiling and other facial expressions also contribute to the development of wrinkles. Every expression you make adds to the loss of skin elasticity. However, frowning produces worse effects than smiling. Here is a list of tips to manage wrinkles around the mouth:
- Application of coconut oil to the wrinkled area is helpful for eliminating wrinkles around the mouth.
- Make a mask for which you will need honey (1 tsp), lemon juice (1 tsp), and yogurt (2 tsp). To improve the mixture, add several capsules of vitamin to it. Apply the mix to the affected area with a cotton ball. Rinse after 15 minutes.
- Lemon juice application around the mouth reduces fine lines.
- Before you go to bed, use face cream massaging the affected zones upwards.
- Rub castor oil around the mouth corners to prevent the appearance of wrinkles.