Dark spots on skin can be caused by different skin conditions. Commonly this is acne that results in blemishes and scars. Excessive exposure to the sun is another cause dark spots. Hyperpigmentation is a medical term to describe dark spots on skin caused by sun rays and hormone imbalance. Lack of important vitamins like vitamin E and A can result in this condition which makes the skin look unattractive. Here are the tips on how to lighten dark spots. Natural Ways to Lighten Dark Spots
- Lemon is the most common component to lighten dark spots. Get some fresh lemon juice and apply it on the skin. Lemon is popular for its bleaching properties; that?s why it is very effective for removing dark spots. For better results you may add several drops of glycerin to lemon juice.
- Honey is also helpful to lighten dark spots. You may apply honey on the whole face or use as a spot treatment. Add some wheat germ or lemon juice in honey before application.
- To deal with age spots, onions can be used. Rub a slice of onion on the affected area for several minutes. Do this two times a day for two weeks.
- Aloe vera is the best treatment for hair, skin and stomach problems. Apply fresh aloe vera gel on dark spots to lighten them. To have fresh skin apply it regularly.
- To lighten dark spots you can use rosehip seed oil. It is an effective way to regenerate new skin. The oil is to be massaged into the skin two times a day.