Deficiencies in the diet are closely related to skin cancer. Carcinogens can trigger cancer infiltrating cells and corrupting the DNA. This provokes the DNA mutation which converts normal cells in malignant ones. The body can fight off mutations by boosting the immunity with a healthy diet. Apart from a healthy diet your body also needs antioxidants for skin cancer prevention. Antioxidants are able to deactivate dangerous radicals which trigger an oxidation process and allow the carcinogens enter normal cells. Let?s discuss some nutrients which can help in preventing skin cancer:
- Selenium protects cells from viruses and chemicals which can cause cancer thus it is effective for skin cancer prevention. Selenium is present in whole grain cereal, egg yolks, sesame seeds, garlic, milk, bran, seafood, wheat germ, kidney, liver, brewers yeast, chicken and mushrooms.
- You might think that it is better to stay away from the sunlight. As a matter of fact you need up to 20 minutes of sunlight every day to get the necessary amount of Vitamin D. Vitamin D helps the body to process calcium. Tuna, egg yolks, salmon, milk and cod liver oil are foods rich in Vitamin D.
- Vitamin E has the ability to change cancer cells back to normal cells. To get enough of vitamin E you should consume nuts, margarine, soybeans, dry lima beans, corn oil, raw vegetables and wheat germ oil.
- Vitamin C is known for its ability to stop the spread of cancer and is really helpful for skin cancer prevention. Vitamin C is contained in large amounts in tomatoes, green peppers, potatoes, broccoli, peaches, strawberries, mango, parsley, cantaloupe, and certainly in citrus juices and fruits.
- Vitamin A helps to keep your skin healthy. You can get vitamin A from brussel sprouts, kale, yogurt, sweet potatoes, beef liver, squash, carrots, milk, peaches, asparagus, peas, spinach, corn, green beans, eggs and tomato juice.
Changing your diet and using nutritional supplements will help the body boost the immune system and in such a way helping to combat skin cancer and other serious diseases. It is imperative to begin using nutritional supplements every day. It is necessary to follow a diet plan that provides the body with proper nutrition it requires for skin cancer prevention. Lower the risk of developing skin cancer and enjoy your life.