Nowadays, it is official: sugar destroys your health. The products on the shelves of any supermarket are stuffed with that ordinary white refined sugar and its artificial alternatives. Fortunately, there are several natural sweeteners that are beneficial for your health and provide that desired sweet taste.
1. SteviaStevia extract is an organic sweetener extracted from the plant without any processing. As the researchers of the Worcester Polytechnic Institute note, it is the most desirable alternative to sucrose sugar among consumers who are looking for the healthy sweeteners. Indeed, stevia has all the features we are looking for:
- it is sweeter than sugar;
- it is extremely low in calories;
- it can be heated and used for baking;
- it is antifungal and antibacterial (what means that it kills candida);
- it regulates the blood sugar level;
- it is rich in the vitamins B, A, E, C and nutrients (zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, rutin, calcium, selenium, copper, chromium, potassium).
2. XylitolXylitol is a naturally derived sugar containing in many vegetables and fruit. Actually, it is found in a human body as we produce 15 grams of xylitol every day. It is broadly used in food production and oral health treatment and highly recommended for people suffering from diabetics. According to the report of Carolyn Pierini, xylitol is a perfect sweetener because
- it is low in calories (1 table spoon of xylitol contains 9.6 calories);
- it improves the state of teeth and enhances all the methods applied for oral cavity treatment;
- its glycemic index is 7 and it does not increase blood sugar level;
- it prevents development of bacteria in the tissues;
- it decreases the amount of candida in the digestive system.
3. Maple syrupMaple syrup is a sweet concentrate of maple juice. It does not cause food allergy and assures antibacterial, antidiabetic, anti-cancer effects, as well as curative cardiological properties. According to the United Press International, maple syrup is recommended as a sweetener for lowing the blood sugar level. Moreover, it helps with treatment and preventive measures against the following diseases:
- progressive atherosclerosis;
- heart diseases;
- illnesses of immune system;
- prostate cancer.
4. HoneyOrganic honey activates all the protective functions of the body and boosts the immune system. It is sweet and has many sorts, and you will definitely choose your favourite one. The only thing to remember: honey cannot be heated. Dark sorts of organic honey are the most beneficial for your health as they contain more nutrients that positively influence on:
- blood current;
- elimination of microbes;
- wound healing;
- treatment of gastritis, various diseases of the liver and gallbladder;
- recovery from exhaustion;
- heart diseases;
- cure of flu and cold;
- weight loss.
Moreover, there are natural sweet products like dates or bananas that can substitute your dessert at all. Eliminating sugar might seem hard for you at the beginning but when you notice the positive result, it will become easier for you to follow sugar-free diet with these products listed above.