It is considered that it is only women's fate to suffer from the symptoms and drawbacks of menopause. However, it seems that men tend to experience the condition as well.Male menopause symptoms resemble female ones according to doctors. Testosterone plays a crucial role in the life of every man and its levels tend to lower with ages; which is believed to be causing menopausal symptoms. However, there are other reasons such as heart conditions and diabetes as well as cancer. Male menopause symptoms can represent themselves differently in men.
- One distinction is that when women experience it at a certain age, men do not.
- It can actually happen in 50s and in 60s and even in 70s provided that a man is healthy.
- Other distinction is that while women have got the condition developing very rapidly, men experience it slowly and not so aggressively. The reason lies in the hormone production. In case of women estrogen stop production completely with the advent of menopause in females; in males, however, the levels of testosterone just drop but not stop completely.
Male menopause symptoms include night sweats and anxiety, frequently his body strength reduces as well as Libido, memory problems start and baldness can start developing and so on.In case a man starts to experience any of these male menopause symptoms, he is likely to be recommended to undergo a number of certain tests and check-ups.
- First of all it will be hormones level test.
- Next can be a blood test and also some others. Men who start to experience these problems at early age around 40s-50s a hormone replacement therapy can be recommended.
However, all the treatment options should be discussed beforehand with a doctor.