Peruvian Maca is a superfood, known not only as a natural aphrodisiac, but also as a great booster of stamina – it alleviates chronic fatigue syndrome, increases libido in men and women. Peruvian maca helps to reduce hormonal dysfunction during menopause and andropause, improves blood circulation, increases mental capacity, improves the skin condition and has a positive effect on the health of bones and teeth.Healing properties of Peruvian maca are scientifically proved – there was a wide range of scientific studies on miraculous maca properties, covering a variety of topics – on male and female fertility, alleviation of menopausal symptoms, this practical experiment proved maca’s capacity of protecting the skin from UV. The plant is unique indeed, but how to take and to store it to gain maximum possible benefits for health? What are precautions? Below you’ll find the details.
Precautions of Taking the Peruvian Maca“How to take the Peruvian maca?” is the most frequent question. There are several things that you should pay attention to before you start taking this superfood.
- The Peruvian maca is neither a medicine nor a biologically active additive (BAA), it’s the same food as carrots or turnips, and from this point of view it can hardly be overdosed. However, some people who consume a fairly large amount of this superfood report an increase in heart rate. That’s why it is better to start with a small dose of the Peruvian maca.
- When consuming the Peruvian maca, you need to take into account the weight of your body – this is one of the key indicators how to determine the correct dosage. Along with weight, age and health condition are also important parameters. So, for example, a 30-year-old athlete can start taking a larger dose of Peruvian maca than a 70-year-old pensioner.
- Since the Peruvian maca powder is a natural adaptogen, i.e. it helps the body to adapt quickly to changes in the environment (bad ecology, climate change, etc.), so it affects people in a different way. This superfood normalizes the hormonal background.
- If you want to maintain health, then the dose of Peruvian maca should be less than a therapeutic dose, which is used to heal the body.
- The daily portion of the Peruvian maca powder varies between 4 to 12 grams, i.e. 1-3 teaspoons.
How to Store the Peruvian MacaPeruvian maca powder can be stored at room temperature for 6 months, but must be protected from direct sunlight and moisture. To extend the shelf life up to 18 months, store this superfood in the fridge. In a freezer Peruvian maca can be stored for 2 years. For the first try of the Peruvian maca, the dose should be minimal (1 tsp). Listen to your body and it will tell you the amount you need right now. If you experience too much energy after taking this superfood, just reduce the dose.
How to Take the Peruvian MacaYou can mix maca with drinks, add to salads, breakfast cereals or protein shakes. But do not forget that the temperature of the food/ drinks should not be over 40-45 degrees to preserve all healing properties of the Peruvian maca. By the way, avoid taking the maca in the evening if you are not ready to stay awake all night. Take breaks during the reception of the Peruvian maca: 6 days of reception – 1 day break, 6 days of reception – 1 day break, and so on for next 3 months. Then have a break for 2-3 months – in order to enable the body to stabilize the hormonal background without effect of the Peruvian maca. If you have a very sensitive stomach, you may experience minor gas and / or bloating. As a rule, the body reacts positively to the Peruvian maca in the daily diet. But if, suddenly, you have unpleasant sensations or you feel uncomfortable, be sure to consult a doctor for advice.
The Peruvian maca is a superfood, which is neither a medicine nor a dietary supplement, but it is best to consult your doctor before you start taking it.