Best Dementia Products | Therapy for Dementia
Dementia is a widespread disease among older people. The specialists of the Ulm University in Germany have discovered that people who suffer from dementia have less vitamin C and beta-keratin in their blood in comparison to the level of these substances in the blood of healthy people. Apparently, healthy diet and consuming antioxidants are able to prevent the development of this decease.
Recent researches have been demonstrating that Mediterranean diet is the most beneficial for your mental health. It includes much olive oil, fruit, vegetables, legumes, whole grains and sea-food.
Folic acid is especially effective for the brain. For example, it is prescribed for the successful pregnancy to protect the brain of the baby. Folic acid is contained in spinach, cabbage, broccoli and citruses.
Below you will find the list of products that will help you to prevent dementia.
- The seeds of pumpkin, sunflower and sesame are rich in fatty acids that stimulate brain functioning. And they are delicious in any vegetable salad.
- Sesame oil is considered to be the best product for mental development according to Ayurveda, the comprehensive system of medicine in India.
- Wheat germs are rich with the vitamins B, P, E, A, zinc and protein. In addition, they have octacosanol which helps to prevent the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
- Carrot and bell pepper are full of beta-carotene, the natural source of the vitamin A which improves the mental activity.
- Citruses and berries have much vitamin C. This antioxidant protects the cells composing the brain.
- Fatty acids found in fish are crucial for the healthy brain functioning. That is why it is worth having salmon, sardines, lake trout, anchovies or tuna for your lunch sometimes.
- Green leafy vegetables (spinach, salad, beetroot, cabbage, Brussels sprouts) are efficient preventive products against dementia because of high concentration of folic acid.
- Almost all sorts of nuts are healthy for the brain including peanuts, hazelnuts, cashews, almonds, walnuts, pecans make your mental performance more successful. Thiamine and magnesium from nuts improve memory and cognitive functions.
- Curry and curcuma contain curcumin, the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory combination that prevents the development of mental disorders. It is one of the reasons why India has the least number of dementia cases.
Decrease Bad Cholesterol
One of the basic methods to prevent and fight dementia is to lower the “bad cholesterol” which is composed of big amount of low density lipoprotein provoking atherosclerosis. You should limit fried food (consider baking instead) and enlarge the amount of products that are able to decrease the level of that “bad cholesterol”.
For example, avocado has monounsaturated fats that low the “bad cholesterol” down and increase the level of the “good cholesterol” which is required for our body. Blueberry has powerful antioxidant decreasing the “bad cholesterol”. Other products that will help you are almonds, barley, beans, lentils, oats, vegetable oil made of corn, sunflower or flaxseed.